Snapdragon 855 Plus chip official with 15% faster GPU
- Leading mobile SoC maker Qualcomm has just announced the Snapdragon 855 Plus chipset – an overclocked version of the company’s flagship Snapdragon 855 chip.
- The Snapdragon 855 Plus has better CPU and GPU clock speeds. The Adreno 640 GPU here is claimed to deliver 15 per cent better performance when compared to the standard 855.
- The Kryo 485 CPU core has also been boosted to 2.96 GHz, up 4 per cent from the 2.84 GHz speed of the base version.
- The reason for Snapdragon 855 Plus’s existence is to provide better performance in the fast growing gaming phone segment. Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality applications will benefit from more power as well.
- The upcoming Asus ROG Phone 2 is confirmed to be the world’s first smartphone to be powered by this new chip.