Sony Xperia 1 revealed with tall 21:9 4K display
- The new Sony Xperia 1 has been unveiled at the 2019 MWC and it marks a major revamp of the Japanese brand’s smartphone lineup.
- The Xperia 1 has a 6.5-inch ‘CinemaWide’ OLED display which is the world’s first smartphone panel to come with a tall 21:9 aspect ratio. Then, it has 4K resolution with support for HDR content.
- The Xperia 1 is also the first Sony phone with 3 rear cameras, all 12MP. The main shooter has an f/1.6 aperture and Optical SteadyShot which combines OIS and EIS. The other two are telephoto and wide-angle modules.
- In terms of power, the device uses the latest Snapdragon 855 chipset along with 6GB of RAM. Then, it has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, expandable storage, 8MP selfie camera, IP68 water/ dust resistance and no headphone jack.
- Coming to the battery, the phone has a 3,300mAh unit, which doesn’t sound like much keeping the display size and resolution in mind.