Sony Xperia XZ3 debuts with curved OLED display
- The new Sony Xperia XZ3 has been revealed at IFA 2018 in Berlin. The phone brings many firsts for a Sony smartphone.
- First up is that curved OLED display. The Samsung-esque screen is a 6-inch QHD+ HDR unit with 18:9 aspect ratio. As with previous Sony phones, Triluminos and X-Reality optimisation technology comes standard.
- The curved screen also debuts a new design aesthetic for XZ series. It is still sports a glass sandwich construction though, thanks to which wireless charging comes standard. IP65/68 rating is also retained.
- Internals of the Xperia XZ2 are mostly borrowed from the XZ2. There’s a Snapdragon 845 SoC with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM (memory card slot is also there). However, the hardware now sports new tap based gestures.
- Contrary to speculations, the Xperia XZ3 continues with a single 19MP f/2.0 camera at the rear from the XZ2, however, going with the trend, Sony has incorporated a host of new AI tech in the camera for better photography. Front has a new 13MP f/1.9 selfie cam.