Spotify Lite launched in India for low-end phones
- The new Spotify Lite app, which is only 10MB in size, is now available on the Google Play store in beta form.
- This app is for low-end or older Android phones which have limited storage. It has been optimised for using as low resources as possible while providing the same features as the full-sized main app.
- Users can specify a monthly data consumption limit for the app. It also has the ability to adapt and continue to stream music when internet connectivity is poor.
- Spotify Lite also keeps track of the phone’s storage as it can control and clear cache by itself.
- Launched in India earlier this year, Spotify already has over 207 million active users globally, 96 million of which are paid subscribers. The Swedish service claims to add around 30,000 new tracks to its library every single day.
More tech news: