Suzuki V-Strom 650XT launched at Rs 7.46 lakh
- The Suzuki V-Strom 650XT has been launched in India at Rs 7.46 lakh (ex-showroom). It is the third locally assembled superbike from Suzuki after the Hayabusa and GSX-S750.
- The motorcycle draws power from a 645 cc, 90-degree V-twin engine that pumps out 70 bhp of max power and 62 Nm of torque. The motor comes mated to 6-speed gearbox.
- Globally, the V-Strom 650 is available in two variants – standard and XT. In India, only the off-road focused latter variant is launched which gets dual purpose tyres, aluminium wire spoke rims, engine belly protection, height adjustable windscreen and engine guard.
- Safety features on the V-Strom 650XT include a three-stage traction control system and standard ABS (which can’t be disengaged). For braking duties, there are Tokico 2-piston calipers up and a single Nissin disc at the rear.
- The motorcycle has a 19-inch front and a 17-inch rear tyre. Suspension setup is a long-travel 43 mm front telescopic forks a rear monoshock that can be adjusted for preload.