Tata Altroz iTurbo launched at Rs 7.74 lakh
- The Tata Altroz iTurbo version has been launched in India at a starting price tag of Rs 7.74 lakh (ex-showroom).
- It is being offered in 3 trims – XT (Rs 7.74 lakh), XZ (Rs 8.46 lakh) and XZ+ (Rs 8.86 lakh). The iTurbo is approximately Rs 60,000 dearer vis-a-vis the naturally aspirated 1.2 petrol trims.
- Under the bonnet, the Altroz iTurbo uses a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbo petrol engine that generates 108bhp of max power and 140Nm of peak torque. This added power makes it sprint from 0-100km/h in a claimed 11.9 seconds.
- The engine comes mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox for the time being, but an auto gearbox option is confirmed to be under development as well.
- Talking of the competition, the Hyundai i20 turbo is priced at Rs 8.80-10.05 lakh, while the Volkswagen Polo TSI costs Rs 8.34-11.19 lakh.