Tata Altroz premium hatchback revealed in Geneva
- The Tata Altroz, which will rival the highly popular Maruti Suzuki Baleno and Hyundai i20 in India, has been revealed at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
- Based on Tata’s new versatile ALFA platform, the Altroz is visually striking with a slim & edgy front design and a Nexon-like rear. Some highlights include projector headlamps, LED DRLs, 16-inch alloy wheels and LED tail lights.
- Inside, the Tata Altroz includes a 7.7-inch floating infotainment screen, Harrier-like LCD display in the instrument cluster, rear AC vents and a clean design for the all-black dashboard.
- Tata hasn’t revealed any technical details of the car yet, but we expect it to share its powertrains with the Nexon, albeit in slightly less-powerful states of tune.
- Alongside the Altroz, Tata has also revealed the Altroz EV concept, which shares most of its design with the standard car, except for closed upper and lower grilles. Again, no specs of the EV were revealed except for the fact that it has a range of over 300 km!
- The Tata Altroz is expected to launch in India in the middle of this year, while the EV will arrive sometime in 2020.