Tata Gravitas is the official name for 7-seat Harrier
- The Tata Gravitas has been officially announced and it’s launching in India in February next year.
- Gravitas is the launch name of the Tata Buzzard which was unveiled at the Geneva Motor Show in March this year. In essence, it is essentially a 7-seat version of the Harrier and is 63 mm longer than the latter.
- From the front, the Gravitas will look mostly identical to the Harrier. However, the rear 3-quarters will be boxier in order to accommodate those extra two sears.
- Also, while the Tata Gravitas will share most of its components with the Harrier, it will get a more powerful 168 bhp/ 350 Nm version of the 2.0-litre Kryotec turbo-diesel engine. Transmission options on offer will likely be a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed automatic.
- It is speculated that the Tata Safari will be discontinued after the Gravitas’ launch. Also, the Tata Hexa’s future is pretty dim since its an old Aria-based model and the Gravitas will essentially be positioned in the same price range as the former.