Tata Hexa XM+ launched in India
- Tata Motors has added a new mid-spec variant to the Hexa’s lineup, called the Hexa XM+. It is priced at Rs 15.27 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The Tata Hexa XM+ sports 16-inch alloys with a new design, soft touch treatment for the dashboard, interior ambient lighting, leather-wrapped steering wheel, climate control, front fog lamps, reverse parking sensors & camera, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, automatic headlamps and electrically folding wing mirrors.
- The XM+ variant continues to draw power from the familiar 2.2-litre diesel engine that generates 154 bhp and 400 Nm. It only comes with a 6-speed manual transmission option, the automatic gearbox is not available on this trim.
- The Tata Hexa primarily competes with the Mahindra XUV500. In Fact, the XM+ is priced on par with the XUV’s W9 variant (Rs 15.47 lakh) and gets a similar set of features as well.
- Very soon, Tata Motors will expand its SUV lineup in India with the launch of the Harrier, which is engineered to rival the Jeep Compass. The Harrier will be positioned as a more urbane alternative to the Hexa.