Tata Nexon EV connected features detailed
- The Tata Nexon EV, which is confirmed to launch in India on January 28, will debut Tata’s new ZConnect connected car system.
- ZConnect, thorough its smartphone app, will showcase owners the driving range, car charging status, etc. It will also allow remote operation of certain functions like air-conditioning and vehicle locking/unlocking.
- Then, car safety features, SOS response, location-based services, vehicle diagnostics/immobilisation, vehicle health monitoring, etc. can also be accessed via this system.
- Obviously, this system is similar to Hyundai’s BlueLink, MG’s iSmart, Kia’s UVO, etc. Since connected car systems are becoming quite popular, ZConnect may be offered on most Tata vehicles in future.
- Talking of the Nexon EV, it is an ARAI-certified driving range of 312 km. Powering it is a 3-Phase Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor which uses a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack. The power and torque output is 127 bhp and 245 Nm, respectively.