Tata Nexon EV revealed; launch next year
- The all-electric Tata Nexon EV has been officially revealed ahead of its launch early next year.
- With the help of Tata’s new ‘Ziptron’ tech, the Nexon EV makes use of a 30.2 kWh lithium-ion battery pack which powers its electric motor. Power and torque figures stand at 95 kW (~127 bhp) and 245Nm, respectively. The car is claimed to run 300 km on a single charge.
- The battery of this vehicle supports DC fast charging using which it can recharge from 0-80 per cent in 60 minutes. With a standard charger, it takes 8-9 hours to go from 0-100 per cent. Also standard is an energy regeneration feature which replenishes the battery when the car is coasting.
- The vehicle is capable of sprinting from 0-100 km/h in 9.9 seconds. Its battery and motor also come with an 8 year/ 1,60,000 km warranty.
- The new design of the Tata Nexon EV also previews the standard Nexon facelift. It now gets sharper headlamps, all-new bumpers and a new grille. The EV will come in a special ‘Electric Teal’ paint option, along with blue accents all around.
- Bookings of the car will be open on December 20 for a token amount of Rs 21,000. When launched, expect it to be priced at around Rs 15-17 lakh (ex-showroom).