Tata Safari likely to be axed post Buzzard launch
- The Tata Safari SUV is rumoured to be discontinued in India after the recently-revealed Buzzard gets launched in 2020.
- The ageing Safari’s low monthly sales ensure that Tata won’t put the kind of investment required to upgrade the SUV as per the BSVI emission norms and the new safety regulations, both of which become mandatory next year.
- However, there are rumours that Tata may develop a next-gen Safari on its new OMEGA Arc platform. But it won’t likely be ready for launch anytime until late 2021.
- The new Tata Buzzard, which is essentially a 7-seat Harrier, will become the biggest and the most premium Tata product to be sold in India from 2020.
- It’s worth noting that the Buzzard is likely to get a different name when it makes it to India.