Tata Tiago JTP, Tigor JTP launched
- The Tata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP have finally arrived as the first affordable performance-oriented cars from an Indian manufacturer. The former costs Rs 6.39 lakh while the latter is priced at Rs 7.49 lakh (both ex-showroom).
- The Tata Tigor JTP and Tiago JTP draw their mechanical force from a 1.2-litre, 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that pumps out 113 bhp of max power and 150 Nm of peak torque. This motor is mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. As per Tata, the Tiago JTP can dismiss 0-100 km/h in 9.95 seconds, while the Tigor JTP can do the same in 10.38 seconds.
- At 166 mm, both JTP models are lower than their standard counterparts to provide that all-important sporty feel. Not just that, the suspension is now stiffer for added dynamic abilities. Tata’s signature multi-drive modes are carried over here as well.
- Sportier design changes differentiate the JTP models from the standard Tiago and Tigor. The cars get new bespoke front & rear bumpers, jet black interior, contrasting roof colour, red exterior & interior accents, rear spoiler, special side skirts, clear-lens tail lamps (Tigor JTP only) and dual exhaust pipes.
- Initially, the two cars will be sold only through 30 dealerships in 11 major cities. However, Tata will eventually sell them through all of its authorised dealers in India.