Tata Tiago JTP, Tigor JTP to launch on October 26
- New reports suggest that Tata Motors will foray into the budget-friendly performance car space with the launch of the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP on October 26, 2018.
- Both these cars were showcased earlier this year at the 2018 Auto Expo. Essentially the same cars with different body styles, the Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP will get sporty cosmetic changes like a new front bumper with a larger air intake, bigger fog lamp housings, new alloy wheels and red accents all around the exterior.
- Powering the these JTP models will be the 1.2-litre turbo-petrol engine that debuted on the Nexon. However, this engine is likely to produce more power and torque on these cars. Also, the intake and exhaust systems will be revised for enhanced performance.
- To make for a sportier drive, the cars will have a tweaked suspension setup and a lower ground clearance as compared to their standard versions.
- The Tata Tiago JTP will rival the Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS in India. The Tigor JTP, on the other hand, will pioneer a new segment as performance-oriented compact sedans are pretty much unheard of. Expect these cars to demand Rs 1 lakh premium over their standard counterparts.