Third-gen Mercedes-Benz CLS launched
- The latest Mercedes-Benz CLS has been launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh (ex-showroom). This is Merc’s twelfth launch of this year in the market.
- The 4-door coupe gets only one variant for the time being, the CLS 300 d, which is powered by a 2.0-litre, 4-cylinder diesel that’s good for generating 242 bhp and 500 Nm. The motor comes mated to a 9-speed torque converter gearbox.
- Like always, the CLS is a stylish alternative to the more mainstream E-Class. Its sharp front design, swooping roofline, frameless doors and squat overall appearance ensures that it gets the kind of attention that the E-Class can never manage.
- The cabin of the new CLS is typical Merc – turbine-style air vents and a 12.3-inch infotainment screen combined with the Virtual Cockpit dominate the cabin. It’s also the first time that the car has three seats at the back.
- Premium equipment like air suspension, sunroof, 13-speaker Burmester audio system, 18-inch alloy wheels, MultiBeam LED headlamps, etc is standard.