Toyota Glanza launched at Rs 7.22 lakh
- The Toyota Glanza, which is essentially a badge-engineered Maruti Suzuki Baleno, has been launched in India between Rs 7.22-8.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- The only way to differentiate the Glanza from its donor car is its slightly different front grille and Toyota badges on the exterior and interior.
- Powering the Glanza are two BSVI-compliant 1.2-litre petrol engines – the ‘K12B’ unit making 82 bhp/ 113 Nm, and the new ‘K12C DualJet’ unit engine with mild-hybrid that generates 89 bhp and 113 Nm. Just in case you are wondering, yes, these engines are directly lifted from the Baleno as well.
- Coming to transmission options, a 5-speed manual will come standard with both engines, while a CVT unit will be paired only with the K12B engine. Official ARAI fuel economy figures are 21.01 km/l for K12B petrol manual, 19.56 km/l for K12B CVT auto, and 23.87 km/l for K12C DualJet.
- The Toyota Glanza comes with a best-in-class standard warranty of 3 years/1,00,000 km. In comparison, the Baleno only offers 2-years /40,000km warranty.
- Features like automatic climate control, 7.0-inch touchscreen infotainment system (with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay), push-button start, LED DRLs, reverse camera, leather-wrapped steering wheel, etc. are offered on the Glanza as well.
More car news: