Toyota Innova BS6 more expensive by up to Rs 1.12 lakh
- Toyota has launched the BS6-compliant version of its best-selling Innova Crysta. It has been priced at Rs 15.36-24.06 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- Interestingly, the petrol Innova is now more expensive by Rs 11,000-43,000 when compared to the BS4 version, while the diesel Innova’s prices are up by Rs 39,000-1.12 lakh.
- Therefore, to keep prices in check, the top-end 2.8-litre diesel engine has been dropped from this MPV. Now, the Innova will only be powered by either a 2.7-litre petrol or a 2.4-litre diesel engine. Updated power and torque figures haven’t been shared by Toyota.
- Also worth noting is that the 2.4 diesel now also comes with a 6-speed automatic gearbox option. Previously, the auto gearbox was exclusively reserved for the now discontinued 2.8 diesel.
- Other than the BS6 update, the MPV remains unchanged both in terms of design as well as equipment.