Triumph Street Triple R launched at Rs 8.84 lakh
- The Triumph Street Triple R superbike has been launched in India at Rs 8.84 lakh (ex-showroom). It is positioned below the Street Triple RS.
- Aesthetically, there isn’t much to differentiate between the Street Triple R and RS as both bikes feature distinctive yet polarising twin bug-eye LED headlamps. Other design elements, which debuted on the latest-gen version are also present on the R.
- The TFT display on the RS model is given a miss here. Instead, on the R, you get an old-school monochrome LCD with an analogue tachometer. The displayed information on this panel includes speed, fuel level, lap times, TPMS, programmable gear change lights, gear position and clock.
- Powering the 2020 Triumph Street Triple R is a 765 cc, in-line 3-cylinder engine that generates 116 bhp and 79 Nm. It comes mated to a 6-speed transmission with slip and assist clutch as well as a bi-directional quick shifter
- Other equipment on this superbike includes adjustable Showa 41 mm USD big piston front forks, adjustable Showa piggyback reservoir rear monoshock, twin 310 mm floating front discs with Brembo 4-piston radial monobloc calipers, 220 mm rear disc with Brembo single-piston caliper, and Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres.