Twitter to revive chronological timelines
- Going back to its roots, Twitter has announced that it will allow its users to revert to the old reverse chronological timeline. This will allow users, who are away for a while, to access the tweets they care about and the rest will be displayed below in a reverse chronological order.
- By updating the “Show the best tweets first” setting, Twitter aims to strike a balance between the most recent Tweets with the best Tweets you’re likely to care about. When that’s turned off, it will display only tweets from people you follow.
- This comes after Twitter got a huge backlash for changing its algorithms in 2016 – highlight tweets it deemed most important to its users.
- This move will give more control to the users on their timelines.
- Twitter did not disclose when this new update will be making its debut. One thing is for sure, the company has been working a lot to freshen the look and functions of the 11-year-old service.