Upcoming Hyundai Carlino based compact SUV spied
- The Hyundai Carlino conept was showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo as a preview to an upcoming compact SUV. Now, the production model based on the Carlino has been spied.
- It is not known if this production model will be called the Carlino, but what we know is that it’s gonna be positioned below the Creta, and will likely be under 4 metres in length.
- From the spy photos, it’s evident that Hyundai is approaching the advanced development stage of the upcoming Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza and Ford EcoSport rival.
- There are certain design cues visible from the camouflaged prototype. The front is dominated by Hyundai’s cascade grille and the headlamp setup looks somewhat similar to global-spec Hyundai Kona.
- The Hyundai compact SUV is said to be based on the i20 platform. Media reports suggest that it will debut with two brand new engines – a 116bhp, 1.0-litre turbo petrol and a 114bhp, 1.5-litre diesel.