Updated Bajaj Dominar to launch soon
- The Bajaj Dominar 400 will soon get its first ever update. The new bike has been spied completely undisguised in Leh (image below).
- Major additions on the 2018 Dominar will include Upside Down (USD) forks, new exhaust system with twin end cans and an updated instrument console capable of displaying more information.
- The Bajaj Dominar provides the best price-performance ratio in the sub Rs 2 lakh segment. It is powered by a KTM derived 373.3 cc, single cylinder, liquid cooled engine that produces 35 bhp and 35 Nm. The updated model is expected to continue with the same powertrain.
- Since the Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) equipped variant makes up for a majority of the Dominar’s sales, the non-ABS variant is expected to be discontinued with this update.
- When the Dominar 400 was launched in India in 2016, Bajaj targeted monthly sales of 10,000 units for the bike. However, that never happened due to Royal Enfield’s stronghold in the same price bracket. Addition of new features will make the Dominar more tempting to prospective buyers.