Users can now follow businesses on Google Maps
- Google Maps has added a new way for users to follow their favourite businesses. The functionality comes in the form of the new ‘follow’ button.
- Once users follow a specific business, like a restaurant, store, or bar, Google Maps will show keep them updated with the latest happening from those places from those places. Latest offers and upcoming events from these places will appear in the For You tab.
- This will very likely increase footfall for local brick and mortar stores. Google is allowing upcoming businesses to create a free Business Profile on Maps up to three months before opening so that potential customers stay updated with the developments.
- In recent times, Google Maps have incorporated a lot of new features like ETA sharing, music controls, personalised recommendations, trip planning, etc. in order to make the app more than just a navigation tool.
- The new For You tab is already available to some users in certain markets. The feature will soon roll out to most countries.