Vivo overtakes Samsung to become India’s second-largest smartphone brand
- Chinese smartphone maker Vivo surpassed Samsung in Q4 2019 to become India’s second best-selling smartphone brand after Xiaomi.
- In Q4 last year, Vivo captured 21 per cent market share in India, while in comparison, Samsung could manage only 19 per cent making it slip to the third spot. The former grew by a massive 134 per cent YoY in the country during Q4 and 76 per cent YoY during entire 2019.
- Xiaomi continued to dominate the Indian smartphone industry with a 27 per cent share during the same time period. Oppo and its spin-off Realme came fourth and fifth with 12 per cent and 8 per cent share, respectively.
- Interestingly, Samsung remained the only non-Chinese smartphone brand in the top 5 best-seller list.
- Also worth noting is that China-based BBK Electronics’ brands – Vivo, Oppo and Realme, combined have captured over 40 per cent of India’s smartphone market!