Vivo’s new NEX has 2 screens, 3 cameras
- The Vivo NEX Dual Display Edition is a new smartphone with two AMOLED screens – one on the front and other on the back.
- Vivo has adopted the dual screen layout in order to get rid of bezels without adopting a display notch or using moving parts (like those on the original NEX). The main screen is a 6.39-inch FHD+ unit while the one at the back stands at 5.49-inch.
- There’s no front camera on the phone since the rear screen can be used to take high-res selfies from the main cameras. Talking of main cameras, they consist of a 12MP f/1.79 primary shooter, a 2MP f/1.8 depth sensor and a Time of Flight camera for 3D mapping.
- Other specs of the Vivo NEX Dual Display Edition are flagship-grade too – there’s a Snapdragon 845 SoC, whopping 10GB of RAM and an in-display fingerprint scanner. The phone draws power from a 3,500mAh battery cell.
- The phone will go on sale in China on December 29, 2018 for a price tag of CNY 4,998 (Rs 52,375). There is no confirmation if it will launch in India.