Volkswagen Passat facelift revealed
- The sixth-gen Volkswagen Passat has received a minor makeover as a part of its mid-cycle refresh.
- The facelifted model sees tweaked bumpers & headlights, along with new alloy wheels and a host of new standard technology.
- The Euro-spec model gains a semi-autonomous autopilot system called Travel Assist, which can steer the 2019 Passat at high speeds of up to 210 km/h. This system, with the help of adaptive cruise control, can also follow speed limits and detect junctions & corners.
- On the inside, there’s a MIB3 infotainment system with a permanent data connection, which allows Apple CarPlay operation without a connection cable. Also, Samsung smartphone users can use their device as the car key.
- While the petrol and diesel engines are carried over from the pre-facelift model, the GTE plug-in hybrid now gains bigger battery, going up to 13.0 kWh from the previous 9.9 kWh.
- The Volkswagen Passat is a low-volume seller in India. We expect this new facelifted model to be launched here, although it might take some time.