Volkswagen reveals new logo
- Volkswagen has revealed its brand new logo at the 2019 Frankfurt Motor Show. Going with the times, it ditches the three-dimensional look for a new flatter, minimalist two-dimensional design.
- The German brand believes that this updated logo also marks the beginning of ‘New Volkswagen’, which aims to drive the firm beyond the infamous Dieselgate scandal which broke out in 2015.
- The logo also puts emphasis on VW’s Transform 2025+ plan, according to which the firm aspires to be the global electric vehicle leader by selling 1 million cars per year by 2025.
- In an attempt to stop its falling profits, the company has already started to expand its SUV lineup globally and axe many low-volume models from its lineup. For example, the Audi TT will not get a new-gen model since its a niche sports car.
- Volkswagen has also been struggling in India of late, but that might change next year when the brand’s India-spec MQB A0-IN platform – which is being developed by Skoda – starts spawning new models.