Volvo India sales grow by 30% in 2018
- Volvo Auto India has sold a record 2,638 vehicles in the 2018 calendar year, which translates to a growth of 30 per cent year-on-year.
- The Swedish carmaker’s sales in India were mainly spearheaded by its new SUVs – the XC60 and the XC40.
- In order to widen its customer base, Volvo introduced new entry-level variants of the XC60 and S90 in September last year, thereby making the two cars more affordable.
- This year, the company’s major launch will be the next-gen S60 saloon which will sit in the super competitive segment that includes the Audi A4, Merc C-Class, Jaguar XE and the BMW 3 Series, whose next-gen model will also arrive this year.
- Also, Volvo has committed to becoming the first carmaker to assemble plug-in hybrid vehicles in India.