Volvo S90, XC60 get new base variants in India
- In order to lure more audience, Volvo India has introduced new base variants of the S90 sedan and the XC60 SUV, thereby lowering the starting price of both these vehicles.
- The Volvo S90 Momentum is priced at Rs 51.90 lakh (ex-showroom), which makes it around Rs 7 lakh cheaper than the higher Inscription variant.
- For that price, the S90 Momentum trim misses out on ventilated front seats with massage function, foldable rear seats, rear sun shade, Bowers and Wilkins audio system, hands-free boot lid opening and head-up display. Then, it gets black finished front grille as opposed to chrome finish on Inscription and different alloys as well.
- The Volvo XC60 Momentum variant, which costs Rs 52.90 lakh (ex-showroom) is also Rs 7 lakh cheaper than the SUV’s higher Inscription variant. However, this trim also gets a less powerful engine tuning – it makes 187 bhp/ 400 Nm as opposed to 232 bhp/ 480 Nm of the Inscription trim.
- Feature wise, the XC60 Momentum skips on ventilated seats with heating and massage functions, 360-degree parking camera, blind spot monitoring, auto parking, head-up display and Bowers and Wilkins audio system. Just like the S90 Momentum, this one also sports different grille and alloys.