VW Tiguan Allspace launched in India
- First showcased at the 2020 Auto Expo last month, the Volkswagen Tiguan Allspace has been launched in India at Rs 33.13 lakh (ex-showroom).
- Basically a longer version of the Tiguan, the Allspace is 335 mm longer than the former. This means that it can accommodate a third row of seats, making it a 7-seater. It also features redesigned LED headlamps, updated grille and new bumpers.
- Powering this SUV is a BS6-compliant 2.0-litre TSI turbo petrol engine that produces 187 bhp and 320 Nm. This new engine will do duty on a lot of upcoming premium VW/ Skoda cars as the 2.0-litre TDi diesel is on its way out.
- The only transmission option on offer is a 7-speed DSG automatic and it feeds power to all the four wheels via the 4MOTION all-wheel-drive system.
- The Tiguan Allspace is imported to India via the CBU route. So, it is offered in a single fully loaded spec which offers features such as panoramic sunroof, heated & powered front seats, digital driver’s display, 7 airbags, electric tailgate, etc.