WhatsApp for iOS gains Face ID, Touch ID authentication
- Popular messaging platform WhatsApp has added a layer of biometric authentication on its iOS app.
- With the new v2.19.20 update, iOS users can now enable Face ID or Touch ID authentication in order to access WhatsApp. Also, if biometric authentication fails by chance, users can log in via the backup pin.
- It must be noted that this security layer option is only available while opening the app. It’s not offered on specific chats within the app.
- Also, call receiving, quick replies and notifications will function just like before, irrespective of whether the app has biometric authentication enabled or not.
- To enable this new feature on iPhone, users will have to navigate to Settings > Account > Privacy, and then enable the ‘Screen Lock’ option.