WhatsApp rolls out for Jio Phone, Jio Phone 2
- The KaiOS based Reliance Jio Phone and Jio Phone 2 are finally getting WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp has officially confirmed that the app will be rolled out for all Jio Phone users by September 20, 2018. Users can download it from JioStore.
- Similar to its other versions, WhatsApp for KaiOS also sports end-to-end encryption.
- However, the voice and video call functionality is missing on this version. Also, the payments option isn’t coming on this version anytime soon.
- “We will be providing WhatsApp, the most used chat application in the world, on all Jio Phones starting today. Jio wants to thank the Facebook and WhatsApp team for making this happen,” said Akash Ambani, Director, Reliance Jio Infocomm.