Xiaomi Hercules rumoured with Snapdragon 855 SoC
- A new Xiaomi phone, codenamed Hercules, is said to be in development with flagship-worthy specs.
- According to a new leak (see tweet below), the Xiaomi Hercules will sport a Snapdragon 855 chipset along with GPU overclocking, which hints that the phone might target gamers.
- Then, it is also said to come with triple rear cameras, wireless charging, NFC, and an in-display fingerprint reader. Going with the trend, it may also feature a notched/ truly bezel-less AMOLED screen.
- While Xiaomi already has the Mi 9 and Mi Mix 3 in the flagship space, it remains to be seen where this new device fits in the company’s premium phone lineup.
- In related news, Xiaomi is also planning to launch a Redmi-branded phone with Snapdragon 855 very soon. However, the Hercules will come under the Mi series, so it will be better equipped and more expensive than its Redmi counterpart.
New Xiaomi flagship – "Hercules"
* Snapdragon 855
* 3 rear cam + 1 front cam
* In-display fingerprint scanner
* Wireless charging
Very early information from source code (can't say exactly where) – subject to error due to interpretation. Thanks to @warabhishek.
— Mishaal Rahman (@MishaalRahman) May 5, 2019
More tech news: