Xiaomi Mi 8 to reportedly launch in India next month
- According to a media report, Xiaomi’s 2018 flagship phone, the Mi 8, will launch in India sometime in September 2018 at a projected price tag of Rs 30,000.
- The last Xiaomi flagship phone to be sold in India was the Mi 5, which was launched in 2016. The company skipped launching the Mi 6 in India (the Mi 8 succeeds the Mi 6, there is no Mi 7).
- The Xiaomi Mi 8 features a 6.21-inch Super AMOLED display with a notch. Under the hood, it has the latest Snapdragon 845 processor with either 6GB or 8GB of RAM depending on the variant chosen.
- The Mi 8’s main camera is a 12MP f/1.8 unit with OIS. It is accompanied by a secondary 12MP f/2.4 telephoto lens. Then, there’s a 20MP camera up front for selfies.
- The Xiaomi Mi 8, which features a glass sandwich construction, comes powered by a 3400mAh battery and does not offer a 3.5mm headphone jack.