Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 unveiled with truly bezel-less design, 5G support
- The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 has gone official with an industry-first slider design on a modern day smartphone. The manual slider of the phone allows its screen to slide down to uncover its hidden front cameras. Therefore, the phone is basically all screen with no bezels.
- The Mi Mix 3 will also be one of the first 5G enabled devices in the world. However, the 5G version will arrive only in early 2019, that too just in Europe.
- The phone has a 6.29-inch 1080p OLED screen with a 19.5:9 aspect ratio. It’s powered by the top of the line Snapdragon 845 SoC with 6/8/10GB RAM options depending on the variant chosen. The Mi Mix 3 also launches with Xiaomi’s 10W wireless charging, which is a part of the standard retail package.
- Then, there are four cameras, two up front and two at the rear. The rear setup consists of 12MP wide-angle and telephoto sensors, while the front arrangement is a 24MP primary sensor combined with a 2MP secondary unit. The main rear camera can shoot 960 fps super slow-mo videos.
- The phone is launched in China starting CNY3,299 (Rs 34,800/ US $475) for the base model. The Xiaomi Mi Mix 3 is very likely to launch in India as well, though a specific time period is yet to be confirmed.