Xiaomi trolls Apple for high iPhone prices
- Xiaomi, in its home country China, has trolled Apple for pricing the 2018 iPhone models stratospherically.
- Xiaomi China has introduced new bundles of its own products, which are named after the 2018 iPhones, and are priced on par with the respective iPhone versions!
- The very first ‘XR suit’ includes the Mi 8 SE 6GB/128GB, Mi Band 3, Mi Notebook Air 12.5 and Mi Bluetooth Headset Mini. Xiaomi will offer all these for the price of 6,499 yuan (Rs 69,200), which also is the starting price of the iPhone XR in China.
- Moving on, the ‘XS suit’ combines the Mi Mix 2S 8GB/256GB, Mi Band 3, Mi Notebook Air 13.3 and Mi Bluetooth Headset Mini. All this will be offered at the base price of the iPhone XS, which is 8,699 yuan (Rs 91,200).
- The final ‘XS Max suit’ offers the flagship Mi 8 6GB/128GB, Mi Notebook Pro, Mi Bluetooth Collar Headset and Mi Band 3. All this for 9,599 yuan (Rs 1.1 lakh), which otherwise, would only get you the base iPhone XS Max.