Yamaha R15 V3.0 ABS launched in India
- Yamaha has finally added dual-channel ABS to the YZF-R15 V3.0. Priced at Rs 1.39 lakh (ex-showroom), it costs Rs 12,000 more than the standard model.
- Alongside ABS, the R15 also gains a new black shade called Darknight which commands an additional Rs 2,000 over the other two colour options.
- Other than the addition of dual-channel ABS, the sports bike remains unchanged. It continues to draw power from a 155 cc, single-cylinder motor that generates 19 bhp of max power and 14.7 Nm of peak torque.
- While the R15 V3.0 lives in a segment of its own, other options at this price point include the Bajaj Pulsar RS200 and the KTM 200 Duke.
- Other Yamaha bikes which will get anti-lock braking system as standard soon include the FZ series, SZ series and Fazer series.